Finance AssociateUSA | Othello WA
SVZ supplies high-quality, sustainable fruit and vegetable ingredients. Our portfolio of premium purees, concentrates, NFC juices and IQF’s are not only tasty and 100% natural, but you also receive the added reassurance of SVZ’s reliability. We found that by establishing long-lasting partnerships that respect communities, support farmers, take care of the environment and help our customers, we can be successful and make a difference.
Drawing on more than 150 years of expertise across the agro-supply chain, our collective knowledge and close collaboration with our partner farmers, customers and suppliers makes us the go-to fruit and vegetable ingredients supplier for leading food and beverage manufacturers across the globe.
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for figures and a desire to work in a dynamic team environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity!
You will assist the Finance team with a wide range of tasks, from basic clerical duties to more complex analytical work. Your responsibility is to support the department’s efforts by handling all the day-to-day financial operations that keep the company running smoothly.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Perform daily processing of receivable transactions to ensure accounts are maintained in an effective, up-to-date, and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly overviews of Agent commission and submit related credit memo requests for approval by the Finance Manager.
- Perform credit investigations for new customer credit applications, including preparation of reference and financial data and proposal of credit limit, for subsequent approval by the Finance Manager.
- Post incoming invoices in the ERP system (SAP) on a daily basis.
- Issue weekly/monthly payables aging report to the Finance Manager.
- Prepare payments via check and/or wire transfer, for subsequent review and approval according to established guidelines.
- Assist in month-end closing activities.
You have an associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field en two+ years of experience in accounting. You have a strong understanding of accounting principles and practices and a proficiency in Microsoft Excel and accounting software.
Furthermore you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work independently and meet deadlines. You are detail-oriented and highly organized and experience in SAP is preferred.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of you.
A challenging international working environment where you can broaden your horizon, gain enormous experience in the industrial processed food sector and utilize your financial expertise until the full extend.
We offer a place where successes and challenges are shared, where we grow better together. A good compensation package with a salary between $22.00 – $28.00 per hour.
You can send your application to Jill Stout, HR manager, [email protected] For more information you can visit our website www.svz.com.