PurchaserUSA | Othello WA
SVZ supplies high-quality, sustainable fruit and vegetable ingredients. Our portfolio of premium purees, concentrates, NFC juices and IQF’s are not only tasty and 100% natural, but you also receive the added reassurance of SVZ’s reliability. We found that by establishing long-lasting partnerships that respect communities, support farmers, take care of the environment and help our customers, we can be successful and make a difference.
Drawing on more than 150 years of expertise across the agro-supply chain, our collective knowledge and close collaboration with our partner farmers, customers and suppliers makes us the go-to fruit and vegetable ingredients supplier for leading food and beverage manufacturers across the globe.
You will be responsible for the purchasing activities for the Othello facility, including sourcing and purchasing materials to ensure efficient and cost effective operations are maintained in alignment with company objectives. Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Oversees the sourcing of packaging, processing aids, and facility requirements.
- Acts as key point of contact for operational issues that need to be escalated (late deliveries, capacity constraints, and quality issues).
- Ensures purchase order guidelines (authorization levels, confirmation dates, past due PO’s, pricing) are adhered to by the team.
- Executes cost reduction projects per annual goals.
- Communicates and prioritizes supplier updates to all affected departments in a timely manner.
- Supports specific lead time reduction efforts.
- Takes direction from internal departments on new product sourcing or integration.
- Provides training and coaching to team on purchasing process, tools, and best practices.
You have a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, supply management, or related field. Two to three years of experience as a purchaser agent or buyer. You have excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to manage time, to plan and organize your work.
Experience working in the food and beverage manufacturing industry is preferred as well as SAP or other ERP system.
Work is primarily performed in an office setting. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of you.
A challenging international working environment where you can broaden your horizon, gain enormous experience in the industrial processed food sector and utilize your commercial drive until the full extend.
We offer a place where successes and challenges are shared, where we grow better together. A good compensation package with a salary between $69,750.00 – $90,500.00 per year. Other benefits are 401(k) matching, dental insurance, health insurance, life insurance, paid time off & vision insurance.
You can send your application to Jill Stout, HR manager, [email protected] For more information you can visit our website www.svz.com.